The social ecommerce represents a new opportunity to increase sales taking advantage of the influence of social networks in the purchasing processes VP Design Officers Email Lists. Increasingly, digital commerce is developing in a multi-channel environment and conversation in networks is established and strengthened as a backbone in consumer decision-making. This can not be ignored by the virtual stores, which have to incorporate in their commercial strategy vision an improvement of the user’s purchase process on the web, contemplating social networks as a reference.
The dynamic is simple: in the social ecommerce the sales process arises from interactions and conversations in digital environments. We find a bidirectional relationship between the brand and the user; In addition, the offer adapts to this and, above all, the consumer is not alone in the conversion funnel (online purchase process). In contrast, in traditional ecommerce, we find that the purchase process is linear, the user is only at all times, with a unique showcase and generic offers. The latter is still the norm in online stores, but undoubtedly those that have managed to integrate the power of virtual communities in the purchasing process have taken the lead in the development of customer centric strategies .
Why bet on social ecommerce in the online store
- Consumers listen to the opinion of friends on social networks for decision making.
- Sharing and recommending is becoming more frequent.
- Social networks evolve as advertising options, allowing to promote products and helping to earn a lot of qualified traffic.
- A fan is more inclined to buy products from the pages of an ecommerce that continues on social networks.
- According to Merca2.0 in 2018, eight out of ten users follow brands on their social networks and look for products in them. Incorporating a more social purchasing process can certainly help increase sales and better know our customer.
How can we make the shopping process more social in our ecommerce
First we have to think about evaluating how social our purchasing process is today. From there we can define what steps we must follow to incorporate improvements in both the communication strategy in social networks and in the ecommerce website itself. We offer below the basic recommendations that we have to contemplate to adapt both the online store and the strategy in social networks to a focus of social purchase and customer centric .
Recommendations for the site
The improvement in the web consists of avoiding a unidirectional purchase process and favoring the conversation at all times, this can be achieved by incorporating or improving the following elements of our social ecommerce:
- Social network buttons both in the home and in the product pages, located strategically.
- A wish list, very useful to send offers and promotions adapted to the tastes and preferences of the user.
- Collection of more information from users in exchange for promotions and discounts. For example: “Tell us how many children you have and you will receive a gift in the next purchase”.
- Option to send the offer to a friend.
- Comments and ratings with stars in the product sheets.
- Discussion forums about the product.
- Improvement of the description of the products with the user in mind.
Let’s illustrate these tips with the Amazon website, an excellent example of social ecommerce optimization to generate conversation at all times. In each product file we can see the consumer’s valuations and the comments on it before buying it. During the purchase process we are accompanied by other consumers. In addition, we have the option to add favorites list, recommend and share on social networks.
Recommendation for communication in social networks
Remember that the purchase process is multichannel: we not only talk about making the process more social within the web, but also from social networks. For this we have to evaluate if we are really integrating the networks in our sales strategy and:
- Encourage interaction with the fan, make networks a loyalty channel and customer service. First of all, we must personalize communication by taking advantage of the segmentation that social networks allow us.
- Take advantage of the social channel to launch promotions, special offers and discount coupons that can be exchanged during the purchase process.
- Betting on the generation of content by the user; for example, with contests that encourage conversation, launching surveys and sharing fun, playful and original content.
- Submit personalized offers and links to product pages.
- Launch loyalty actions in social networks; for example, MGM shares.
- And, above all, these tips must be adapted to each social network.