Among the issues addressed in the 1st Meeting of Online Marketing Agencies held in Madrid, one of the most interesting was related to the future of digital communication : where are we going? How should we prepare for what awaits us? Five agencies answered these questions:
María RedondoMaría Redondo , The Plan Company
For María Redondo, the three most important topics that the Online Communication Agencies will find in the future are these:
– Information flow channel. All the debates are taking place on very large social networks, but it is not natural. Never in the history communication between people had developed in sites of 1,300 million users at a time, because we are very different and there have to be different email lists australia
scenarios. In fact, social networks have understood it and small platforms have been created where interesting debates can also be developed. We are not digital natives, we do not belong to the generation that was born with these channels. And we do not understand many times why young people just write on social networks. For us it is still a novelty and we enter every two by three on Facebook and Twitter. I believe that this will happen and will give way to a kind of fluid channel of information where we enter every time we want something. Especially,
– Analytics of emotions . It’s basic. We have to know our customer very well. Not only to each group of our target, but also to each client individually. I think everything will be progressing there: it is not only about communicating, but about knowing how our clients feel.
– Gamification . There is little talk about gamification as an element of communication. Our young people are playing continuously. We will have to use gamification to filter the huge amount of information we are having. Instead of focusing so much on information, we should focus more on the game. In this way, we will have to engage users at a professional and social level.
Rocío BravoRocío Bravo , Poweraxle
Rocío Bravo also highlighted three fundamental aspects that Digital Marketing will soon face:
– The content is not adapting to the devices, nor to the different segments and audiences within social networks. Nor is taking advantage of the variety of formats that we can use to make the contents known.
– Another basic thing is that those in charge of communication and digital marketing departments must have an important technological component . If you do not know the technology, it is very difficult to optimize your work and reach the client. Before it was very difficult for communication companies to understand it, they considered it a freak. It is elementary to train yourself or have someone next to you with that technological knowledge.
– The theme of influencers and opinion leaders is also fundamental . It is a jewel, it helps us a lot, it is a key piece as well as the content, we have to rely a lot on them because it is very effective, it is very quick to gain notoriety thanks to them. Because they have more scope, because at the level of communication it is easier to take the brand, conceptualize it and link it to an influencer . In addition, this the client does understand because he sees quick results.
Pedro Abad , SecuoyPedro Abadace
These are the four points on which Pedro Abad focused his attention.
– Today we have a huge amount of information from our customers, users or readers. And we can even know one to one who they are. The first trend that digital communication should have today is that whenever it can be personalized and that it is different for A than for B. This is difficult to change because those who are developing the content have had training in journalism and traditional communication.
– The communication must be transparent and sincere . If we tell a lie, going to wikipedia and refuting it can take a matter of seconds. So you have to be careful to tell half truths because it ends up turning around.
– The communication must be consistent . We must not give contradictory messages. As the communication is multichannel and multi-device, we must have messages and unified style manuals within our agency and also if several agencies work for the same brand.
– There is no communication more effective than the one that someone seeks for himself. When someone searches for information and finds it, what is called the shaping of opinion occurs in their brain. And this, in the sales process, is perhaps what impacts the most. It is the slowest way, it is the most expensive, but it is the best way and you have to try to bet on it whenever possible. Creating certain and relevant information so that people can find it.
Úrsula EpalzÚrsula Epalzaa , by Contestomatik
Úrsula Epalza sees two key words in the future of communication:
– Value communication and disconnection . Right now we connect to everything: Internet, Facebook, Twitter … But I think that in the future we will not see it that way. Things are going to connect to us. When you know the user, you know where he is connected, you really start making direct, personal, one-to-one communication and knowing what you have to say to each potential client. I believe that brands are ultimately made by customers. It is the added content that they are giving. I think the future of communication is a different way of reaching your audience that is going to be somewhere else that is not the one we have right now, that we do not know how it is going to be and that we will have to do it as we go along.
– Now the challenge for the agencies is that the clients understand our language, take them to our land or, even, get us to theirs. In the future it will be the other way around. Our customers, the digital natives , will be above us. Because we were not born on Twitter, but we are going to talk about tomorrow if they have done it.
Sergio Cortés Sergio Cortés , Cink Shaking Business
Sergio Cortés focused on four aspects:
– Intelligent communication is the clearest future trend of Online Marketing. This has been talked about a long time, it’s nothing new, but technology now allows us and makes it possible for communication to be personalized and one to one . Thanks to technology today it is possible to know each client, we have a lot of information for each user: what he likes, where he lives, if he is married or single, keywords and labels associated with his profile, etc., etc. Therefore, we can direct personalized messages in a real way.
– The audience concept will change within online marketing. The communications will become personal and will drink from two great sources: on the one hand, everything related to social profiles ; and on the other, everything that is big data and what will be the new evolution of the Internet that is constantly giving us new information.
– How are we going to treat the agencies in a real way the issue of privacy ? The key is in the value proposition that brands are capable of generating. It must be concrete, clear, concise and generate a situation for which the user is willing to give their data for a brand to exploit.
– The mobile is the channel of the future and generates communication dynamics that agencies have not yet understood too well. We must take into account many factors. For example, it is the only device that we have less than one meter from us 24 hours a day, even when we sleep. That does not just mean a channel, it means a very different way of communicating. This also generates a whole system of technology and devices that allow that personal audience to have tools to configure their information system. From the agencies we have an important mission to facilitate the user to regulate what type of content they receive.
Work Agencies Online Marketing2. Should the agencies change the way they work?
Once the participants made their initial proposals clear, several important issues related to the future of Online Marketing agencies came up. The first, the way of working .
Sergio Cortés said that marketing companies should change their way of doing things.
The debate that we are living now on the reach of Facebook shows a lot this. The agencies are very angry because Facebook controls too much the targetization of content that puts a mark on their profile. And there is a great debate about what right Facebook has to intercede on its audiences. We have to communicate in a different way . We still follow concepts of I generate a content, I have an audience that listens to me and what I want is to have the largest community possible. For me this is a subject that is quite obsolete.